A rich day of new VMware releases is today!
vRealize Automation 7.1
The vRealize Automation 7.1 release includes resolved issues and the following changes.
- Streamlined installation process using a silent installer.
- Agent and prerequisite command line interface.
- Migration tool to move data from a source vRealize Automation 6.2.x environment to a fresh vRealize Automation 7.1 environment while preserving the source environment.
- IPAM integration framework with ability to deploy machines and applications with automated assignment of IP addresses from leading IP address management systems, with the first integration with Infoblox.
- Integrated support for Active Directory policies.
- Custom property dictionary controls to improve property definitions and vRealize Orchestrator actions.
- Reconfigure life-cycle events by means of event broker workflow subscriptions.
- Additional vSphere provisioning options and data collection improvements.
- Ability to manually conduct horizontal scale in and scale out of vRealize Automation deployments, including the automatic update of dependent components.
- Customizable message of the day portlet available on the home page.
- Additional information and filter options on the Items page.
- New ready-to-import blueprints for vSphere and AWS available from the VMware Solution Exchange.
- Discontinued support for PostgreSQL external database.
vRA 7.1 release is also equipped with a brand new Migration tool which allows you to perform safe and sound side by side upgrade (migration) existing vRealize Automation systems 6.2.X to the latest and greatest release. During the migration process the source production environment remains intact which guarantees a minimum downtime of the production environment.
vRealize Orchestrator 7.1
vRealize Orchestrator 7.1 introduces a number of improvements, bug fixes, and extends the automated configuration with new options:
- Option to push configuration from one node to all other nodes in the cluster and ability to restart all nodes from a single node.
- Monitoring of configuration differences between the nodes in a cluster by using the fingerprints for currently running or pending configuration that are available in Control Center.
vRealize Orchestrator 7.1 also introduces a number of plug-in improvements:
- Swagger definition support for adding a REST host in the HTTP-REST plug-in.
- Improved Search capabilities in the Active Directory plug-in.
- Pagination support and arbitrary entry querying in the Active Directory plug-in.
- Added a REST API to update resource elements.
With the certificate management mechanism based on ISsslService, implemented in version 7.1, the server and trusted certificates are stored in the database. Plug-ins must use API from the Plug-in SDK to retrieve the trusted certificates.
vRealize Operation Manager 6.3:
vRealize Operations Manager 6.3 is a release update that enhances product stability, performance, and usability.
Enhanced Workload Placement and vSphere Distributed Resource Scheduler (DRS) Integration:
- Recommended Actions on landing page
- Configure DRS from vRealize Operations Manager with Cluster/DRS Dashboard
- Data Collection Notification toolbar
- Perform Actions from Workload Utilization Dashboard
Improved Log Insight Integration:
- Management Pack for Log Insight included in product
- Improved Log Insight and vRealize Operations Manager alerting
Enhanced vSphere Monitoring:
- Support vSphere 6.0 Hardening Guide
- vRealize Operations Manager Compliance for vSphere 6.0 Objects
- vRealize Operations Manager and vCenter Software-Defined Data Center (SDDC) Health Dashboards
- New API Programming Guide
- New licensing plan for vRealize Operations Manager Standard and Advanced Editions
- Filtered SNMP Trap Alert Notifications
- Enhanced SuperMetric capabilities
- Reduction in default metrics collected